Friday, February 9, 2018

Gold Tone Microbass (fretless) acoustic/electric

Years ago, I bought an Ibanez acoustic/electric bass and an Ibanez electric fretless bass. Neither one gave me quite the sound I was looking for in either an acoustic or a fretless bass guitar. Last year, I tried an ESP LTD fretless electric bass and it wasn't bad, but I just couldn't fall in love with it the way I wanted to love with a fretless bass. An upright bass was out (I'd had one of those before too) because of limited space issues and I'm not quite ready to try an upright stick bass yet (next on my list, though). Last spring, I bought a Gold Tone Irish tenor banjo (4-string) and loved it, so when I saw that Gold Tone made an acoustic/electric fretless micro bass (23" scale length), I was over the moon. The strings are Aquila high-tension polymer (looks and feels like rubber) which gives it an upright sound--another bonus feature of this little bass. And, best of all, it's perfect for travel. 



Read more about it here from Gold Tone

Here's a little video clip of me jammin' on it a few days after it arrived. (I'm playing through an Ampeg Micro-CL 100-watt amp).







No comments:

Post a Comment