Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi fuzz/distortion pedal (Bass version)

A few years after I started playing, I came across Muse's "Hysteria," and like every ambitious player, I just had to learn the bass line. Looking into Chris Wolstenholme's gear, I found that he had used an Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi pedal (the older guitar version) for that particular song. So, naturally, I bought one. It worked okay, but I wasn't really getting the low end that I wanted, so a year or so later, I sold the pedal and forgot about it. This Christmas, however, my husband surprised me with the bass version of the Big Muff Pi pedal and after relearning the "Hysteria" bass line, I found that I liked this pedal much better. I'm experimenting with the pedal on some original tunes, so hopefully, I will get a lot of use out of this one!

Christmas Day 2016 and my new Big Muff Pi pedal

No comments:

Post a Comment