Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Ibanez SRT805DX




I bought the Ibanez SRT805DX back a few months ago, and although it's an incredible sounding bass, the neck was a little too chunky for me. The EMG pickups are growly, and the neck through construction allows for excellent sustain. The color of the SRT805 is more of a reddish color than the brownish color shown in the pictures, but I liked it better that way.

I decided to order a 4 string version of this bass (SRT800DX) in the amber finish, and it is awesome. The neck is a tad thicker than my SR500, but hey, what can you do? It sounds incredible, just like the SRT805DX, and I can't get over the EMG pickups. I'm lovin' it.

Both basses were playable right out of the box, but I put flatwounds on both of mine, and it made a huge difference. It went from good to awesome. Flatwounds really make the EMG's growl...or that's my opinion.

Both basses can be purchased from American Musical Supply and are both over $300 cheaper than buying this bass anywhere else, including Musician's Friend and Guitar Center. Plus, AMS has a payment plan that charges 0% interest. So, if you're interested in buying this bass, you definitely want to get it from AMS...or have another store match their price.

No comments:

Post a Comment