Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Gibson SG bass guitar

Since 2015 was the last year Gibson made the Gibson SG bass*, I decided to bite the bullet and get one (last October) before they were gone. I think this is my favorite bass of all time (and I've had a few basses throughout the years). The width of the neck took a little adjusting to (I'm so used to my Ibanez SDGR neck), but boy is it FAST!! With a little minor tweaking out of the box and new D'Addario flatwound strings, my new hellboy was ready to rock. And, I'm not sure why, but this bass smells like a cherry tootsie pop (seriously). Every time I take it out of the case, I want to take a lick. If you can get your hands on one of these basses--DO IT! You won't regret it.


*update: Gibson is now making these basses again as of 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment